Sunday, June 3, 2012

Classroom Makeover Before Pictures

Hey y'all! I haven't posted in awhile and thought I'd keep y'all updated as to what's going on in my classroom since summer is here :) :) :) I have some exciting news... I'm getting a new classroom! If y'all know me or have been reading my blog for awhile, you'll know that one of my favorite parts of teaching is decorating my classroom. While I like to take time for myself and enjoy summer, I usually spend a great deal of time working on my new room. So y'all can imagine how happy I am to have an entire new room to plan for. :) It's just right across the hall, but it has two windows that look out to the snack area and road whereas in my old room, we just had two windows that looked out to a huge maroon fence. The new room is also not across from the bathrooms which is a huge plus for me. 
I thought I'd share some before pictures to show y'all what it looks like now, before my new paint color is up. The room belonged to a friend that decided to stay at home with her precious little boy. She had a honey bee theme, which was so cute. I wish I had pictures to share with y'all from her classroom. Here's what the room looked like as of Friday night, before the painters came in today to paint.



Please excuse the mess. :) I just wanted to show y'all the color before. I hired painters to paint this time. Did I ever share how hard it was to paint my yellow room??? My mom and I are horrible painters and after the 4th coat of yellow paint we were near tears. I decided to pay a professional to do it this year...best money I ever spent ;) I went up to school earlier and they were just about finished. It's different.... but I really like it. I'll share pictures soon! 

*** I'm about to start working on several new units for TpT. I'm also creating some new themes for Fry Phrases and Nonsense Words. If you have a request, just email me lifeinfirstgrade@gmail.com 
Also, thanks to everyone who has sent me their blog address. I've seen some great ones and I can't wait to share with everyone!

13 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy! I have been going over and over your posts from last year! I cant wait to see what you do with a whole new room!!! yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Can't wait to see the new color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to see your new room!! Exciting! Hiring a painter is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get to decorate a new room this year too and I am super excited... I get my keys Wednesday :) Can't wait to see the new color you picked!

    Melissa

    todayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can decide on your own paint color? That is so awesome. Our school district has one color... grey. Yuck! Can't wait to see what you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright colors in your room and I can't wait to see how you are going to change it! I wish I could paint my room - it's a dull off white. Boring!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO cool that you get to decorate your room and paint it!!! I wish I could do that. I think my janitor would FLIP OUT if I started painting, lol. I can't wait to see the after pictures.

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your new room!!!

    Tai Patrice

    speechchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing wrong with spending a significant amount of time in the summer working on a classroom considering the thousands of hours we spend in them during the school year. Much like my house, my classroom has to look the way I want or I won't be happy in it! Can't wait to see the finished product. Until then, happy decorating!!

    ❤ - Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I soo wish we were allowed to paint our rooms. Unfortunately we're stuck with white, white, and more white. Have so much fun! I can't wait to see the "after" pics. :)

    Second Grade Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!!! Can't wait for more pics!!
    ~Ashley~

    www.teacherstreasurechest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to hire someone. My custodians are painting one of my walls back to white (I am tired of the color I had there for now). I was amazed they agreed!

    Can't wait to see the after :)

    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very lucky to have so much freedom with the design of your classroom. Many of our teachers would love to have different colors on the walls. I will be excited to watch how the room comes together.

    http://firstgradebubblesandtails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete